Alright, I have too many daily deviations, this is going to go to my head, and it's all TheMaidenInBlack
's fault, and I love her to pieces for it. Thank you, for the daily deviation on pilgrimage
! This has also resulted in a lot of watchers, and I'm... not sure why you've gone through with this, seeing as I'm barely active, but, hey, who am I to tell you what to do? So, hi, you lot.
OK, time to cram all of my news since -- August? July? -- in bullet points; here you go:
- I got a tattoo! It didn't hurt, and I changed my mind last minute about the design. It's gorgeous. I want another one, stat.
- I'm becoming a gardener extraordinaire; look at two of my gorgeous terrariums.
- See the background of that photo? That's the balcony of my flat, which is gorgeous.
- Some of my bedroom decorations: a giant Batman and Robin poster, a postcard that says "Satan Was A Lesbian", and Wonder Woman.
- I'm also becoming a master chef of Indian dishes and desserts; my flatmate's my witness.
- I've not been at my healthiest lately, but I'll live, I hope.
- I've started university! I'm the student rep again, and occasionally make money from student rep duties. Neat.
- I know a lot of my professors, and they know me, by name. Is this networking? I feel like this is networking.
- I love my course, I love linguistics, I love language. You knew that already.
- What you didn't know is that I'm making a mermaid sign language for my constructed languages module.
- So, to repeat: I love my course, I love linguistics, I love language, and I also love mermaids of the deep.
- Twenty more lines were discovered of the Epic of Gilgamesh! I'm so happy.
- In other news, there was the summer school in August, and I also made money from that.
- I'm going to be a paid tutor too, soon, starting November; for a year five student, for English.
- I guess that means I'm officially employed, which is strange, and not something I expected to happen so soon!
- Also, if you need shows to watch, try The Flash and How to Get Away with Murder.
- If you need books to read, try Rivers of London. It's a practically perfect urban fantasy series, and I love it.
I think that covers everything. How are you?
The title is from Postcards
, by Wendy Cope:
At first I sent you a postcard
From every city I went to.
Grüsse aus Bath, aus Birmingham,
Aus Rotterdam, aus Tel Aviv.
Mit Liebe. Cards from you arrived
In English, with many commas.
Hope, you're fine and still alive,
Says one from Hong Kong. By that time
We weren't writing quite as often.
Now we're nearly nine years away
From the lake and the blue mountains,
And the room with the balcony,
But the heat and light of those days
Can reach this far from time to time.
Your latest was from Senegal,
Mine from Helsinki. I don't know
If we'll meet again. Be happy.
If you hear this, send a postcard.